The VacuTect® System
More than one million VacuTect tests have been performed around the world. It is the staple of our tank testing technologies.
The system is certified to test tanks at virtually any product level. With as little as 6" of product inside the tank, VacuTect provides a conclusive result.
How it works: VacuTect works by introducing a vacuum into the tank to create a slight negative pressure, so that any leak is shown by an ingress of air or water. A leak below the tank fluid level generates a unique "bubble" signature that is transmitted by the probe to the mobile unit. Leaks above the fluid level produce a distinctive hissing sound. All signals are recorded and transmitted to the regional office for further review by a quality control manager, prior to the finalization of the test.
The Advantages of
The VacuTect System
- Performs most tank tests in 120 minutes with no disruption in customer fuel pumping services from other tanks. (Total on-site time will vary, depending on specific site set-up, line testing, rig down, and paperwork.)
- Capability to test two tanks simultaneously. Four tanks can be tested in approximately four hours.
- Powered by an explosion-proof motor with automatic shut-off safeguard and emergency shut-off button.
- No fluids are released during testing – an environmental concern, especially with hazardous materials.
- Certified to test tanks up to 75,000 gallons (283,500 liters) at any product level, including empty, if total ullage volume does not exceed 20,000 gallons (75,708 liters).
- Results are attained through a self-calibrating system automatically controlled by proprietary software run on a laptop.
- Tank down-times are reduced as there is no need for product removal, water filling. Variables associated with vapor pockets, temperature, pressure, vibration and tank calibration accuracy do not affect the VacuTect process.
- The vacuum method is more environmentally acceptable as it does not contribute to the loss of fuel through a leak.
To learn more about VacuTect, or to discuss other UST compliance services, contact us today at +1 (512) 380-7129 or e-mail us.
To learn about our SureTest® tank testing technology, visit this page.